Prometheus Research Labs (PRL) is the team behind Poolside, an AMM for value-accruing assets. Following Poolside, PRL’s next protocol will be a tranche-based stablecoin.
Previous PRL projects include a liquidation-free debt protocol (Button Zero) and a double-sided auctions protocol (Button Auctions) under the Buttonwood brand. Other innovations built on top of Buttonwood include a flatcoin called SPOT built by Ampleforth and a convertible-debt market called HourGlass.
The Buttonwood Foundation is backed by True Ventures, Framework Ventures, BlockTower Capital, NfX, Bitfinex/Tether, Mechanism Capital, Bixin, Founders Collective, and numerous DeFi founders (including from Coingecko, Balancer, Cozy, Syndicate, and many more).
On existing AMMs, liquidity providers (LPs) suffer predictable losses for value-accruing tokens. This market is rapidly growing and includes the following: liquid staking derivatives (LSDs), real world assets (RWAs), rebasing commodities, appreciating collateral tokens, and vault shares.
After every value-accrual event, the swap ratio is mispriced and traders can arbitrage value out of the pool. Poolside solves for this by introducing a novel mechanism called reservoirs.
This role will also help build a new tranche stablecoin collateralized by crypto assets that is liquidation-free.
Great PRL engineers are self-driven, passionate, innovative, and have an affinity for thoroughly designing and thinking through complex systems.
As a DeFi engineer, you will work on both protocol architecture to help us build foundational smart contracts that will power the next generation of DeFi applications.
You are incredibly curious in general, and passionate about DeFi specifically. You are excited to think about what DeFi can do and are not shy about new products and approaches.
Last but not least, we are a small team. You have a track record of improving how you work in teams, including working on clarity, frequency of communication, and helping others. You value robustness, minimalism, and speed in your code.
- Produce high quality, performant, and well-tested Solidity code
- Research and drive high-level decisions about smart contract systems and architecture
- Specify, implement, test, and review smart contract systems in Solidity
- Write specs and review PRs from teammates
- Work with teammates to thoroughly think through edge-cases and possible attack vectors
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in Ethereum and DeFi
- Experience writing and deploying high-quality, well-tested Solidity
- Knowledge of the EVM, blockchain technology, DeFi protocols, and Web3 ecosystem
- High-level understanding of algorithms and architecture
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong sense of ownership
- Able to operate autonomously and transparently
- Consistently able to deliver reliably within deadlines
- Interest or experience in open, decentralized, permissionless technologies, and the intersection of contemporary technology, economics, finance and governance.
- Preferred: Willing to travel to Taiwan
- Experience with frontend dApp development and React
- Strong engagement with team members and active desire to contribute to vision
- Enjoys interacting and building rapport with community
- General knowledge and experience within the DeFi ecosystem: Active user of dApps, member of DAOs, etc.
- General understanding of finance and tokenomics.
- Preferred: Academic Degree in Computer Science or related discipline (Math/Stats/Physics/etc.)
- Competitive Salary (TBD based on experience)
- Token Incentive Plan (TBD based on experience)
- Comprehensive Insurance, flexible hours, unlimited vacation
How to apply
Please send an email to email@example.com with 100% of the following if you wish to be considered for this role:
- Resume / CV
- Git repo link
- LinkedIn or Twitter URL (or another profile)
- A short response to the following questions:
- Which role(s) are you interested in?
- When would you be ready to start?
- What is your experience with Web3 and/or DeFi?
- What is your experience writing smart contracts?
- What is your experience with working with remote development teams?
- Would you consider yourself deadline oriented?
- What is your favorite Web3 protocol or Fintech application and why?
- How did you hear about us?